Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 2011

12/16/2011
Today was your Christmas program at school.  You really haven't said much about it so I'm not really sure what to expect.  You've been singing a little bit at home and you mentioned something about being a cow.  We were sitting in the front 2 rows at the school gym (which I knew was a mistake but all the grandparents beat us there and picked the seats).  We watched the little kids come out first and do their thing.  Alex came and sat with us immediately.  Your class walked out in a line and you, in your cute cow costume, were not about to go stand in the manger with the rest of your friends, you came straight to dad and sat on his lap through the rest of the program.  I knew we should have sat where you couldn't see us :), maybe you would have lasted a little longer.  You were cute no matter what.

12/20/2011
You have too many toys, I don't think anyone (except maybe you) would argue that point.  And I know that you are going to get even more toys for Christmas.  You were complaining about something so I told you that you needed to choose 2 toys that we could give to a child that doesn't have any toys.  You immediately said that you weren't going to share.  So I gave you the option to choose 2 toys or Dad and I would choose 2 toys.  You hopped right up and grabbed a "little people" monkey.  Ok, it was a very small toy, but at least it was a start.  Then you grabbed another toy of similar size, only this time it was one of Alex's toys.  Tricky, tricky.  Nope, you had to pick something else and it had to be bigger.  So, you grabbed the Finn McMissile car.  Again, this toy is Alex's.  So, you ended up with the talking Lightning McQueen car.  I asked if you were sure and you said yes.  We still have way too many toys, but at least it's a start.

12/21/2011
You have really been struggling with drop off at school.  Before we even get there you start whining and saying that you don't want to go and you start having a melt down.  Believe it or not but I have a hard time with drop off too.  It's hard for me to leave you but I know you're in good hands and I know you have a lot of fun while at school.  It's just that initial separation that causes us both anxiety.  Anyway, today is your last day of school before Christmas break.  You were whining before we even left the house.  So, dad and I came up with a plan, if we can do drop off 10 times without you crying then you can get Diesel 10.  You were excited about that so it got you off the couch and we were off.  We walked in the door of school and you yelled over to Ms. Allison:  "Ms. Allison, you know what?  If I stay at school for 10 minutes then I can get Diesel 10!"  hmmm.....  you're probably a lot smarter than we give you credit for.

12/26/2011
It was really fun with you yesterday seeing how excited you were about Christmas.  Although you got a ton of cool new toys, I think your favorite toy is the dinosaur train that Santa put in Alex's stocking.  I do think you were excited that Santa brought you what you had asked him for: Rheneas and Skarloey (from Thomas and Friends).  Now we need to work on getting rid of some toys, we really do have too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment