6/6/2013
- Yesterday was your last day of Pre-K. It was field day and I volunteered with your class and we played games and did other activities. But I'm not really sure that you understand that it was your last day of Pre-K. Maybe you'll start to realize it next week when our schedule is different and you just go to summer camp in the extended day area, I don't know. I think it's having more of an emotional impact on me than you, but what's new?
- Granny is in the hospital with pneumonia and today you decided (all on your own) that you wanted to write her a note. With a little help on spelling, you wrote her a note that said:" Dear Granny, Love Chris", and you put a sticker of a flower on it. When you showed it to me you said "this is going to make Granny so happy!" It was such a sweet thing to do.
- Tonight you said that you wanted to write me a note. I gave you some paper but you didn't ask me for any help. You brought me the piece of paper with the word "efri" written on it and you asked me if that's how you spell "every". I told you that it wasn't and you immediately started to get teary-eyed, but I tried to make you understand that you did an excellent job of sounding out the word and trying to figure out how to spell it. Some day you will understand that the English language is confusing and that things are not always spelled how you think they should be. I'm amazed at the things you are learning and the things that you are figuring out on your own.
No comments:
Post a Comment