Monday, December 29, 2008

12/29/08
CJ-
     The past two weeks have been pretty emotional for me.  On Monday, 12/15, my Uncle Bill passed away.  It was such a surprise, I really didn't take the news very well.  Your dad came home from work to be with me and comfort me.  I did a lot of praying that day.  It makes me sad that you will never have the chance to get to know him.  He always reminded me so much of my grandpa.  They were both amazing men.
     Christmas was a little overwhelming for you, I think.  On Christmas Eve we spent most of the day up at Grandma Stephanie's with Grandma Donna, Uncle Jess and Grandpa Frank.  That night we went to midnight mass.  You slept through the whole thing, but when we got home you decided that you weren't interested in going to sleep.  I think we finally got you back in bed around 2:15a.  Christmas day brought even more people over to our house.  You did pretty well, especially considering our house was a mad house.
     Today was a very exciting day.  You rolled over from your tummy to your back for the first time.  I was so excited.  I called your dad and Grandma J right away.  I couldn't wait to tell them.  I'm so amazed how you are able to figure things out.  Almost like you don't need me.  You are going to be so smart.  I'm so thankful that I am able to be home and spend these precious moments with you.
     I love you!
-Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment