8/20/2012
Christopher-
- Today, 8/20, was your first day of Pre-K. I am so excited for you and the year ahead. While dad and I are still trying to discern what school we ultimately want to send you and Alex to, I know that St. Vincent's is the right school for this year. You already have some good friends so you're comfortable with your class. The teachers seem really great. I was noticing today on the calendar that you guys are going to be talking about how God made you special. I hope you always know how special you are. I know you are going to learn a lot in a safe and loving environment.
- So the 2012 London Olympics just ended last week. 4 years ago the Olympics were in Beijing, China and you were barely 1 month old. I was home with you full time and we spent a lot of time snuggling and watching the games. It brought back a lot of fond memories when we watched the games this year. Although we do allow you to watch more tv than we should, you mostly watch dvds or children's shows on Netflix. So I think it was a big change for you and Alex to be watching the various Olympic events. We tried to tell you what was going on and explain that these people came from all over the world to compete in these events. After watching some gymnastics you became suddenly interested in doing somersaults. You would try to do one and then you get really upset and cry and tell me that it was too hard and you couldn't do it. I tried to explain that I'm sure the athletes on tv had a hard time at first as well but they stuck with it and kept practicing and practicing until they could do it and then move on to harder things. Well, you have been practicing and practicing and I'm proud to say that you can do a pretty good somersault.
- Almost every time you go to Grandma Stephie's house she takes you swimming. I don't know how she does it, but the thought of taking both of you guys swimming by myself makes me panic. We have been trying to find a time all summer when we could go swimming, but we have been so busy and most of the pools aren't open very late so we have had a hard time trying to coordinate it. However, we finally went last week to the outdoor pool at Murray Park. Wow, pools have changed since I was a kid. They have the beach entrances so it gradually gets deeper. That way you and Alex can find a depth that is comfortable for you. You wanted to go down the waterslide. So, I climbed up to the top with you and you decided that you wanted to go by yourself. I said ok. As you were halfway down the slide I started to panic. I got nervous that when you hit the water, you would go under and wouldn't be able to get back up. Thankfully, when I got to the bottom, Dad and Alex were there with you. I was absolutely amazed at how comfortable you were in the water. You kept going down the slide and putting your head under the water. And even when you swallowed some water or got water up your nose, it didn't stop you from wanting to swim some more. I guess my next step is to check into swimming lessons.
No comments:
Post a Comment