12/9/2012
Christopher-
Today we had some friends over...(The Johannessen's: Joe, Kelly, Kira, Henry and Alaina. and the Aoyagi's: Jeff, Krist, Toby and Miles) to do some holiday baking and for you kids to play. I'm amazed at how much you have changed. Last year we went to Joe and Kelly's to do the holiday baking and if I remember correctly, you were very clingy. I had a really hard time helping with any of the baking and stuff because you constantly needed me and didn't really want to play with the other kids. I realize that today we were at our own house and I'm sure that makes a big difference, but you did so great with the other kids. You all seemed to play really well together. I'm so happy to see your social side developing.
I meant to post something last month but just didn't get a chance... we had parent teacher conferences with Mrs. Sanderson and Mrs. Keochareun in early November. They said you were doing really well but they did want us to work with you a little bit on your number recognition 6-10 and also on holding your pen/pencil correctly. I have also noticed that when you write your name you always start every letter from the bottom. We should probably start correcting you so that you develop good habits. You are doing so great with school. Drop off hasn't been an issue for a really long time. You say that you don't like going to the extended day program, but I know that you have fun and get to play with friends and even make new friends. It's only 2 days a week, so I know you can handle it. And I don't think that you complain much when you are at school or at extended. I think you are just testing me to see if you can get out of going.
Last week you completed your second level of swimming lessons. It is so cool how comfortable you are in the water. You are much more comfortable than I have ever been. I'm proud of you and so happy that we have found something that you are interested in, at least for now. We have no intentions of pushing you to become a star swimmer or anything, just getting you involved in something that you can enjoy and learn and grow with.
No comments:
Post a Comment