7/10/08
Christopher -
Wow! What a crazy few days we've had. You were born on Monday, 7/7 at 8:59 pm. I'll never forget when they placed you on my chest and you were naked and slimy and perfect. I remember touching your skin in disbelief that you were actually here. Your dad and I were so happy. Even though you were 4 weeks early you seemed perfectly healthy. Your dad went with you to the nursery while they moved me to the recovery room, but later that night they had to move you to the NICU. You were breathing too fast. It seems like there are actually a bunch of things all tied together, You are jaundiced, have pneumonia and/or some other infection, you have a slight tear in one of your lungs...
We got to hold you on Tuesday and part of Wednesday but then they needed to put you on a ventilator. I'm having such a hard time seeing you with all the tubes. But I'm pumping so that you will have plenty to eat as soon as you are ready. When we go, I just cry. Yesterday was a really rough day for me and your dad. We feel so helpless. But we're getting stronger and so are you. Tonight you were kind of wild when we got there. You were kicking your legs all over the place, I think you really don't like having all that stuff on your feet. But the nurse let us touch you and hold your hand and your head to try to get you to calm down. I think we helped a little. I didn't cry nearly as much as I normally do because I felt like I was actually helping. Your dad has been so strong through all of this. I don't know what I would do without him. I hope you are just like him. He is truly an amazing person.
Everyone has been so supportive. You have a wonderful family that loves you very much and we are anxious, but trying to be patient, waiting for you to come home.
We love you!
-Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment